Saturday, August 5, 2017

Funky Mon(k)ey

            Do you ever start a day and it goes well for a few minutes, then it all, just, changes? Yeah, that was me yesterday morning. My allergies have progressively gotten worse, now both at night and during the day. Postnasal drip. That feeling that you just need to either continuously clear your throat or sacrifice a virgin to the allergy overlords. I was able to take three of our dogs for their walks and strip the bed to wash the linens. However, the annoyance level increased when it came time to walk the last dog. She just did not want to budge. Her dad was off today, so his car was in the driveway. Princess, who most certainly lives up to her name, loves riding in the car more than walks. However, she (and I) needs to exercise. We tried four times to go for her walk, but as soon as we walked past her dad’s car, she just put the brakes on and just would not move.
Image result for fat dog
            I do not know why that annoys me so much, but it just puts me in a mood. A funk. Well, that, combined with my allergies make me a right cunt sometimes. So, what’s the remedy if I can’t go to bed and call a do-over on my morning? Put some treats in a large Kong toy and watch my OG Peggy Sue try to get the treats out. I picked up this toy yesterday at a thrift store and it turns out to be the best $3 that I have ever spent on a dog toy. So far, my OG, who is the oldest out of our dogs, is the best at figuring it out. It’s fun to watch.
Image result for thrift stores reduce, reuse, recycle,

            See, you don’t need to spend a lot of money to find some happiness, it can be found in watching a dog gleefully explore a new toy from the thrift store! Too often we try to buy things in an attempt at finding happiness, when, in reality, the saying, money can’t buy happiness, carries much weight. Why not look inside to identify what is the real underlying issue, rather than shelling out money in an expensive, and often fruitless, attempt at finding happiness? Yes, it takes motivation, dedication, and perseverance. However, the outcome is, well, happiness (duh!) and a cut back in unnecessary spending. Which would you prefer?
Image result for money doesn't buy happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment