Thursday, October 10, 2013

Choo Choo! Time to Get Back on Track!

My journey to health has not been a smooth one, as I too am faced with temptations regularly. However, with recent life changes, these temptations are closer than ever. In the past, I simply kept "bad" food out of the house...no bread, soda, chips, crackers, etc. As such, if it wasn't in the house, I wouldn't be tempted to eat any of it. But here it is, in the house, tempting me. Do I like these things? Oh, yes, indeed I do. However, what I don't like is how they make me feel, the emptiness and guilt associated with them, and the fact that they are not a good source of fuel for my body. Yes, I do think about food as fuel. It is there to allow my body to do the things I want it to do.

With the changes that have happened in my life over the past month, my routine has been thwarted, and as such, my body and mind have suffered. I am a creature of habit, and I thrive on knowing what I am doing for the day, what is expected of me, and all that I need to complete. This includes diet and exercise, as well as my work as a writer. It is time to detox the house and start my routine again. So, in addition to three walks a day with the dogs, I will get back to my workouts, as they are part of what keeps me sane (or relatively so).

Here I come chicken, tuna, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. How I have missed you so!

No comments:

Post a Comment