Saturday, July 7, 2012

100 Random Facts


Here are 100 random facts about me that I thought I would share. Why? Not really sure, but I figured…Why Not? So, here it goes. Forgive me, as some I have posted on Twitter in the past.

1.     I am an only child.
2.     I am right handed.
3.     I don’t know how to whistle.
4.     I trained to be a mechanic in the military.
5.     I worked at an emergency dispatch control center in San Francisco.
6.     I have a Mohawk.
7.     I dye my hair blue-black.
8.     I grew up in the SF Bay Area.
9.     I graduated high school when I was 16.
10.   I earned my AA degree from Diablo Valley College when I was 18.
11.   I earned my BS in psychology from Oregon State University in December.
12.   I was a smoker for over a decade…quit about a year ago.
13.   I haven’t had a drop of alcohol since January 2009.
14.   I have lost about 50 pounds over the course of the past year.
15.   I workout almost daily and view it as a form of therapy.
16.   I do the dishes before I leave the house and before bed.
17.   I am a recovering drug addict (and alcoholic).
18.   My living room is decorated in a Halloween theme year round.
19.   I drink coffee out of the same cup every morning (has a vertebra handle).
20.   I had back surgery for two herniated discs about nine years ago.
21.   I effectively turned my living room into a gym.
22.   I have two dogs: Peggy Sue and Troy (both were adopted from rescues).
23.   I became a widow before the wedding.
24.   I have lived in: CA, NJ, VA, MA, AK and now OR.
25.   I work as a direct care provider in a group home.
26.   I vacuum my house nearly every day.
27.   I have tinnitus.
28.   I compost and recycle as much as possible.
29.   I wanted to become a medical examiner as a child.
30.   I have four tattoos, including one that was cut through for back surgery.
31.   I try to protect my skin as much as possible from the sun.
32.   My favorite season is winter.
33.   I am not the most coordinated person.
34.   I have exchanged 1500 emails with one individual over the last 4 months.
35.   Music is a near constant in my life.
36.   I don’t have cable or satellite television.
37.   I will be participating in my first Tough Mudder in September.
38.   I loathe shopping with a passion.
39.   I have no desire to have a Coach bag or red soled high heels.
40.   I have eaten the same thing for breakfast nearly every day for a year.
41.   I have worked as a foreign vessel inspector for large container ships.
42.   I cringe when I think about the Cosco Busan.
43.   I worked with an AUSDA in SF on a large oil spill case that went to a grand jury, provided data, developed charts and graphs, as well as mechanical knowledge…which helped to land one of the largest settlements at that time.
44.   One of my favorite books is The Bell Jar.
45.   One day a week, I prep, cook, weigh, measure and package my food.
46.   I have a European washing machine (all in one unit).
47.   I have lived in a haunted house.
48.   Some of my favorite movies are: Reality Bites, The Silence of the Lambs, The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo (the original version) and Sweet November.
49.   I was a vegetarian (lacto ovo) for over a decade.
50.   I am the only one in my family to live in Oregon.
51.   I have traveled all over the Red, Black and Mediterranean Seas.
52.   Although I served for 12 years in the US military, I feel one day I will live in a different country.
53.   I am currently in graduate school.
54.   I have my next tattoo planned out.
55.   I am more of a night owl than an early bird.
56.   I have a goal of drinking a gallon of water per day.
57.   I can type without looking at the keyboard…and it freaks me out when I think about it.
58.   I loathe the feel of cotton balls on my finger nails.
59.   I have a collection of over a dozen gargoyles.
60.   I used to make my own candles.
61.   I was never baptized.
62.   I don’t like popsicles…due to the wooden stick.
63.   The smell of Irish Spring soap is a bad memory trigger.
64.   I lived in isolation for a year 80 miles north of Nome, AK.
65.   I am a cusp baby.
66.   My dogs are my lifesavers.
67.   I have a love for words.
68.   I am working to become a therapist and hope to work with the VA.
69.   I am a sapiosexual.
70.   I haven’t had sex in years.
71.   I have a male name for my middle name.
72.   I love my 2007 Toyota Yaris (3-door).
73.   I have a bearded dragon named Steve.
74.   I know how to sign the alphabet, along with a few words and phrases.
75.   I have a weakness for sweets.
76.   I have learned not to keep cheese, crackers and cookies in the house.
77.   I held my grandpa’s hand as he passed away (Fuck Cancer).
78.   I have completed Insanity, Insanity: The Asylum, P90X and P90X2.
79.   I’ve never been cuddled by a partner.
80.   I have only recently discovered my creative side.
81.   I have freakishly large hands…well, just really long fingers.
82.   I sleep in shorts with clouds and rainbows on them.
83.   I loathe the feeling of the sun on my skin.
84.   The allure of hammocks eludes me.
85.   I can’t remember the last time I was bored, and have little patience for people who find themselves bored often.
86.   When eating animal crackers, I make the sound of the animal before eating. 
87.   I sleep on the right hand side of the bed.
88.   I have a difficult time accepting gifts and compliments.
89.   I have an irrational fear of poking my eyes out.
90.   I use Ivory soap.
91.   I see much better in the dark than I do in the light.
92.   I have a clock in my living room set to UK time.
93.   The thing I desire in life is also the same thing that scares me to death.
94.   I go through about 5 dozen eggs per week.
95.   I have a weakness for 80s and 90s Brit alt bands.
96.   I wear hoodies, even during the summer.
97.   The Oakland Raiders are my favorite NFL team.
98.   My grandpa was a race car driver.
99.   My feet are extremely ticklish.
100.  It took about an hour to come up with these. I’d love to see other people do this on their blogs…as I am quite a nosy and inquisitive person. Perhaps that persuaded me to pursue psychology?

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Thanks for sharing. You made me think and wonder about all that you dared to share. I find you very interesting. I always have and always will.

    P.S.

    I may do one of these very soon. You'll be my inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks :)Not sure what persuaded me to do this entry, but I am glad. Even if only because it motivated you to do one yourself! I'm just me...not sure how to be anyone else.

    ReplyDelete