Monday, April 9, 2012

What's Wrong?


Happiness and glee start to fade away; what’s wrong?

Numbness washes over; what’s wrong?

Unable to feel neither pleasure nor pain; what’s wrong?

Tears well up, crashing over the brink; what’s wrong?

Mind is racing, the numbness gone; what’s wrong?

A thousand yard stare, yet nothing is clear; what’s wrong?

Ceiling is coming closer, floor drifts away; what’s wrong?

Feeling of slowly dying inside; what’s wrong?

Sorrow and fear give way to smiling and laughing; what’s wrong?

Thoughts swirling, not making sense; what’s wrong?

Time going in fast-forward, yet mind is stuck in time; what’s wrong?

Night is falling and another day is gone; what’s wrong?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this. I relate heavily. "What's wrong?" is definitely on repeat in my head, along with the ceiling, the far off stares, night giving way to day. There's always so much going on. Sometimes I wish I could just run on the subconscious. But that wouldn't be good, would it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading. I often question my own thought processes, the additional training and my degree only make it more complicated. I go through the checklists in my head, yet there doesn't seem to be an answer to the question.

    ReplyDelete