Monday, December 10, 2012

Easy No-Bake Protein Bars

So, in the midst of what was supposed to be my prime final paper writing time, I found my mind wandering (go figure). The last couple of weeks have royally sucked as far as my food intake has gone. Too busy balancing work and school. But there is no excuse. Time to get back to business, as I have 189 days before my next event...gotta step up training, which means I have to fuel my body in order to make it do what I want and NEED it to do. My brain too.

I found a recipe, doctored it a little and...it's pretty gosh darn good. Try it and let me know what you think, as well as what changes you would make.


  • 8 scoops protein powder (I used chocolate whey)
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats (I buy it at Costco, as I use them daily)
  • 3 Tbsp flax seeds (I used the flax seed meal, ground style)
  • 3 Tbsp peanut butter (Natural is the best, no added sugar, salt, crap...)
  • 3 Tbsp honey (Squeeze the bear!)
  • 1/2-3/4 cup almond milk (Or you can use soy, skim or 1%)


Mix all ingredients. It will be a bit of a sticky, flaky mess, and look as if it won't come together. But give it time, love, and patience. Pat into a sprayed baking pan (I used an 8"x10" I think), using some force and determination to make it dense. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or so, cut into squares (I ended up with 9 squares), and wrap individually in wax paper or foil, and store in the refrigerator. 

And voila! Tasty, clean, and cheap protein bars!


No comments:

Post a Comment