Sunday, May 13, 2012

Escape

Apathy overcomes me as I feel the pressure give 


way. I feel the slight jolt as the skin is broken, 


stinging from the lather of innocent bubbles. A quick 


intake of breath as the new opening in my waterproof 


barrier is exposed, followed by an exhaled moaning 


sigh. The crimson against the paleness of a porcelain 


tub is a bright contrast, standing out as I do in this 


World. 


My life essence is circling the drain, trying to find 


freedom from my thoughts. I find myself jealous and 


wanting to follow suit. I watch the blood leave the 


confines of my body, as there isn't much I can to do 


stop the escaping fluid, like grains of sand falling 


through graceful fingers.



1 comment:

  1. Ah, the torture. It hurts us yet binds us. Lovely writing.

    ReplyDelete