Monday, August 11, 2014

PiYo Week 2

Today marked the beginning of the second week of my PiYo program. For those of you who are not familiar with the program, it is basically a mix of pilates and yoga, or in other terms, yoga for people who don't like yoga. So far, I have felt a little less discomfort in my lower back, but I am still modifying all of the moves. I am waiting to receive a new disc, as the one I have for the first few workouts of the program is skipping. I will try a new DVD player though, as it is frustrating. Today's "Sweat" workout was cut short by about 6 minutes, skipping the reps on my left leg during the "Power" sequence. I'll keep going though, while I wait to hear back from the VA regarding my back pain, which may be related to a surgery I had a few years ago for two herniated discs. Until then, it's Icy Hot, heat packs, Epsom salt baths, and natural remedies, along with some Bayer Back and Body. I think PiYo is helping to reduce some of the pain though.

What is PiYo?

No comments:

Post a Comment